ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Corporate Services Group team is growing! If you are a strategic and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is located in Markham ON and reports directly to the Construction Recruitment Specialist.
The primary responsibility of the Talent Acquisition Specialist is to find and attract top level talent to the company. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is a high caliber, committed consultative recruiting professional that leads all recruiting efforts supporting various disciplines and business units.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the full cycle recruitment process, managing the entire candidate experience from start to finish
- Post jobs and conduct talent searches from multiple candidate sources, as well as being able to discover & develop new recruiting avenues
- Establish candidate networks and continually canvass the market for key position talent
- Establish positive working relationships with hiring managers and/or HR representatives and develop a strong understanding of their business needs in order to identify the most appropriate candidate solutions
- Work closely with HR business partners to prepare and communicate employment offers upon identifying suitable candidates
- Work with hiring managers to develop or augment job postings in accordance with their requirements
- Ensure and maintain job descriptions are updated and accurate relating to roles
- Coordinate and participate in interviews
- Manage candidates through the Applicant Tracking System
- Comfortable with generating reports as needed
- Provide regular recruitment updates to the Manager, Talent Acquisition and HR community
- Understands the needs and perspectives of both internal and external contacts
EDUCATION & SKILLED REQUIREMENTS
- A degree or diploma/certificate such as Human Resource Management or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of experience working within the recruitment field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong sourcing ability using Indeed, LinkedIn or other resources
- Excellent working knowledge in managing ATS workflows
- Experience in HRIS systems
- Recruitment in construction or facility management experience is an asset
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients mandates, the successful candidate will be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.