ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Director of Business Solutions, the Business Integration Manager will hold a transformational leadership role within the Corporate Services Group’s strategic project and implementations team. This role will help build the enterprise roadmap toward a vision of technology solutions that support the company’s many business lines (construction, utility operations, energy, FMO, service, etc.) while maintaining excellent relationships between all internal/external stakeholder groups.
The Business Integration Manager will help identify strategies and opportunities to reduce costs and increase revenue by helping improve business processes, services, and vision through the analysis of business data from a variety of sources. Responsibilities will include analysing current business practices, validating business needs and requirements, and making data driven recommendations to business stakeholders and leaders.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead strategic change initiatives related to business process improvement and identify and implement new technology solutions that support the business.
- Benchmark shared services against peer group to measure and compare internal KPIs and best practices for continuous improvement. Contribute to adhoc projects as assigned.
- Partner with the business teams and Project Management, and IT stakeholder groups to ensure operational needs are addressed and solutions are implemented on a regional and/or national scale
- Accountable to review assigned processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks.
- Design, develop, and test solutions and while regularly measuring and monitoring effectiveness
- Develop, communicate, and maintain solutions that drive continuous process improvement and on-site operational efficiencies
- Ongoing refinement of current business process standards
- Research and evaluate 3rd party solutions, software, hardware to optimize and modernize current processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with JD Edwards or an enterprise resource planning tool is an asset
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of construction best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Experience with MS Office suite (MS Project)
- Knowledge of construction industry best practices and business process standards
- Ability to manage and lead large-scale change initiatives
- Ability to identify problem areas and work collaboratively with stakeholders to determine solutions and implement best practices
- Experience using DSI platform is an asset
- Experience using other industry related software Accubid, like Autodesk BIM360, Procore, Maximo, Benchmarx, Rhumbix
- Expert in the operational processes from start to finish of construction projects
- Thorough understanding of construction solutions e.g. drawing management, modeling, timekeeping, time & material, bidding, quoting, vendor management, takeoffs, project management, estimating, risk & safety, financials, analytics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering field is preferred.
- Project Management and Technology experience is a must
- 3+ years in a managerial role, leading and managing a team or initiative related to construction or related business
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience in a similar role
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills with Excel, Outlook, MS Office Word and Powerpoint
- Criminal background check required
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with accessibility accommodation requirements. Accessibility accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.