ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Facilities Management Technical Services Manager has a responsibility for participating as part of various teams within the Facility Services business with a primary focus on Facilities Management (FM) across the country. This is a progressive position for an experienced FM operations individual interested in joining our national team with opportunity for growth and advancement. They will be challenged to apply their experience and knowledge, with key role details that include:
- Commercial Review. Leading or supporting the review, assessment and advisement on various pursuits, bids and opportunities, including review and assessment of RFP/RFQ/RFI and contractual documents from a commercial and operational perspective.
- Estimating. Leading or supporting estimating activities on all assigned pursuits, bids and opportunities (new, renewal and expansions), including development of the service delivery model, staffing, and subcontractors.
- Operational Support. Leverage technical expertise and experience in the review and development of solutions through advisement of the bid team and FM Operations on risk, strategy, and solution development with respect to contracts being pursued or renewed.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare estimates of labour, materials and equipment for FM pursuits based on RFP/RFQ/RFI and any FM specifications, whether formal or negotiated.
- Adhere to bidding processes, examine and analyze bid documents (commercially and technically), including analysis of performance requirements (e.g. KPIs and Service Level Agreements).
- Adhere to and maintain a comprehensive estimating process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with operations, engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and consultants.
- Support the Bid Director and B&M legal, as required, on getting reviews completed and ensuring all stakeholders are involved and informed.
- Facilitate or complete proposal tasks as directed by the Bid Director or Commercial Manager on any given pursuit.
- Participation and support of the sales process as required.
- Ability to effectively interpret Statement of Work packages and convert them into detailed estimates, including risk contingency.
- Maintain a clear and comprehensive estimating process that effectively summarizes and outlines costs for material, labour, subcontractors and equipment.
- Ability to effectively engage subcontractors and collect pricing for sub-contracted items and services.
- A solid understanding of the FM industry, building operations and the preparation of FM estimates / Operating Budgets.
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain estimating rationale with operations, engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and consultants.
- University degree or post-secondary diploma / certificate preferred or equivalent experience
- FM designations preferred, e.g. Stationary/Power Engineer, FMA (BOMA), FMP (IFMA),P.Eng, C.E.T., etc.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience in FM/Building/Plant Operations
With responsibilities for:
- Budget development, management and reporting
- Subcontract tendering and scope development
- Maintenance Program development and implementation.
- Staffing requirement estimating and scheduling
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong commercial awareness and client interface skills/experience at all levels
- Knowledge of FM, construction, property management, and/or consulting related to buildings
- High performer who has the ability to handle multiple or concurrent tasks as part of a bid team
- Fundamental project management experience and working within high performing small teams
- Ability to write, present and interface at a high level
- Software application expertise in Excel
- Working ability with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe or equivalents
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.