ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant in Ottawa, Ontario. If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. This position is responsible to assist in maintaining a productive and efficient facility maintenance operation and will report directly to the Project Manager. Training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage electronic work orders, create and maintain equipment history entries, manage inventory and maintenance tracking modules, etc.
- Assist with the creation, management, and receipt of Purchase Orders
- Responds to demand requests and/or recommendations via phone and email in a timely manner
- Work directly with the technicians, outside sales team and customers. Work with the group to generate quotations and estimates based upon information received.
- Generate reports such as data summaries and operational reports
- Distribute quotations in timely manner.
- Once the customer accepts the quotation, the material is ordered & received. Paperwork is prepared and properly turned over to the CSR to execute
- Contract execution review, estimate updates, contract renewal processing
- Tender preparation / standing offers
- Document Management
- Reporting for Customers - Client Review
- Write up of description of required/proposed action.1-Description of work required 2-Affected area 3-Result if not repaired or addressed. 4-follow up.
- Client Surveys
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years’ experience in administration. Subcontractor coordination and record management would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to obtain and hold security clearance.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Office Administration or relevant experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.