ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking a Building Operator to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario. Reporting to the contract manager, the Building Operator will perform preventative maintenance and respond to trouble calls as per client requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily, periodic and seasonal preventive maintenance tasks
- Monitor inventory and assist client in material purchasing
- Adjust plant or HVAC settings in response to changing demands
- Verify daily environmental controls
- Report temperature and relative humidity for all areas controlled by BACS daily
- Mechanical maintenance such as filter and belt changing, greasing, etc.
- Report all system, equipment and/or condition abnormalities and recommend appropriate action
- Respond to emergencies and/or complaints from client service desks
- Read meters as required and prepare weekly summary report
- Inform the manager on operational matters, equipment/system deficiencies, shutdown schedules, etc.
- Program lighting and mechanical schedules
- Operate elevated work platforms
- Carry out minor repair jobs
- Assist subcontractors
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls and act to resolve any resulting issues
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 or more years' experience as a Building Operator
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of building services including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical and mechanical equipment controls and systems
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
- Ability to work on a ladders, lifts or scaffolds at various heights
- Bending and lifting as required
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.