ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald is currently seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our Service Division in Vancouver, BC! If you are a hands-on, customer service-oriented, and technically-inclined professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Service Technician position is located in Vancouver, BC and will report directly to the Division Manager.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, a great attitude, and a genuine passion for the trade. Service technicians are required to be skilled in all manner of pipe joining methods; comfortable with the use of common industry specific hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic tools; and adept at reading and interpreting technical literature. Day to day work may sometimes require long hours and lifting heavy loads.
B&M is committed continuous improvement and will endeavor to provide all training necessary to maintain the health and safety of our staff and support career development wherever possible.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform planned maintenance activities on commercial plumbing and heating equipment. (Not limited to Boilers, Pumps, Furnaces, Hot Water Tanks, Make-Up Air Units, Water Filtration Systems, Backflow Devices)
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair commercial plumbing and heating systems
- Organize, layout and execute small re-pipe, retrofit, and tenant improvement projects
- Complete daily service reports documenting maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair activities including service and repair recommendations using B&M mobile service reporting application
- Compile accurate labor and material take-offs for work recommendations and materials ordering
- Work either autonomously or in teams to complete work efficiently, on time, and on budget
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, suppliers, and team members via phone, text, email, and mobile applications.
- Participation in rotating 24/7 emergency on call supports
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Values and Respects Others
- Red Seal Plumbing Trade Qualification (Required)
- B-Gas Certification (Required)
- Cross Connection Control Certification (Required)
- A-Gas Certification is considered an asset
- Mobile Aerial Platform Training, Fall Protection Training, Confined Space Training is considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ Years Relevant Industry Experience (Required)
- Consideration may be given to those who do not possess all the above requirements if they are able demonstrate a strong work ethic, passion for the trade, and a desire to learn.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Clean Class 5 BC Driver’s License and abstract
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees, customers and stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and mobile device applications
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.