ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The GIS Specialist is located in Kansas City, MO and typically reports directly to the Department Supervisor. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and layout of electric distribution system projects e.g. electric and gas utilities, pole and underground line systems in customer GIS and process platforms.
- Utilize survey data to generate plans and maps.
- Perform QA/QC on incoming data and outgoing deliverables to ensure a complete and accurate product.
- Take lead on new GIS initiatives and provide related support to coworkers and clients.
- Occasionally, participate in the acquisition of on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Perform and update records and maps in ArcPro and ArcGIS Online.
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Values Continuous Learning
- Strategic Perspective
Degree or Diploma in Geography/GIS
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Individuals with experience in electrical distribution systems or telecommunication will be preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Experience in field data collection and coordination
- ArcGIS Online and ESRI Mobile Apps
- Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of utility pole, power and communication networks a plus but not required