ABOUT THIS FUTURE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
This future position is responsible for performing the day to day inspection and test activities for receipt, in process and final inspections and tests as instructed. The QC Inspector is responsible to document all inspection and test activities in accordance with the Black & McDonald Management System and QA programs.
The QC Inspector is responsible to work with other groups during the implementation of the Quality activities. The Quality Inspector shall ensure that the highest degree of employee and plant safety and quality standards are met.
- Located on the designated Bruce Power Site office and as such is a key member of the Site Construction Team
- Reports functionally to the Quality Assurance Manager, Bruce Power Projects
- Responsible to monitor all aspects of the Work to ensure line management is meeting the Quality requirements as required by the applicable standards, codes, work packages, Black & McDonald programs and the Bruce Power quality program when applicable.
- Ensures compliance with Bruce Power FME program
- Is the quality conscience for the Site Construction Team
- Perform work activities in a safe manner and in compliance with Black and McDonald Safety Program and those of our customers
- Perform receipt, in process and final inspection and test activities including maintaining accurate inspection and test status of items.
- Working with Regulatory Authorities.
- Perform process monitoring activities
- Ensuring correctness of Work Sign-off activities as related to inspection and test activities.
- Aid with the implementation of the Management System and Programs within PGR.
- Preparation of Inspection and Test Plan(s)
- Maintains vigilance for the detection and prevention of CFSI
- Coordination with Project Coordinator for Project QC activities, including interfaces with outside organizations (subcontractors).
- Accurate and timely verification of inspections and tests shown in the Inspection and Tests plans or as otherwise assigned by the QA Manager
- Documentation of the results of the inspections and tests as required
- Ensure proper use and safe handling of Measure and Test Equipment, including recording where used
- Identify and control nonconforming items according to Black & McDonald Procedures
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Dependent on the Inspection Discipline as follows (Refer to governance for details):
- Welding Inspector Certified CSA W 178.2 Level II or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in construction environment as tradesmen or technician (or less with college or university in a technical related discipline) or
- 10 years construction and/or fabrication QA/QC experience
- Mechanical/Electrical Inspector
- 5 years civil construction supervisory experience or technician (or less with college or university in a technical related discipline) or
- 10 years civil construction and/or industrial QA/QC Experience in Civil Discipline
- Civil Inspector
- 5 years’ experience in construction environment as
tradesmen or technician (or less with college or university
program in related discipline) or
- 10 years construction and/or fabrication QA/QC experience of applicable discipline
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literacy; MS Office
- Ability to plan, write and modify Inspection and Test Plans is mandatory
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role.