BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is looking for a collaborative professional in the role of Human Resources Administrator. This position will support the region and provide a full range of administrative and coordination activities to the HR team. The ideal candidate for this position must have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills with a high attention to detail and confidentiality.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support recruitment activities such as preparing job postings, attending career fairs, conducting reference checks, and preparing employment letters;
• Draft communications and letters regarding employee movements and changes;
• Provide new hire orientation and onboarding for new employees;
• Maintain and update HRIS system by utilizing manual and computerized filing, including any related data entry and generating reports;
• Conduct benefit administration tasks, including employee enrolment & changes;
• Assist with coordination of training and development activities;
• Support employee recognition and awards program as well as social, recreational and special events;
• Management of IT assets;
• Conduct new hire and exit surveys;
• Other administrative tasks as required.
• Communicates Effectively
• Customer Focus
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Values and Respects Others
• An undergraduate degree or diploma/certificate related to Human Resource Management; Business Administration; Commerce is considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and changing environment
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor of your interest and intent to apply before applying.