ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s team is growing! If you are interested in a temporary role as an Operations Supervisor in Bermuda, let us know!! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Operations Supervisor reports to the Facility Manager and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the physical plant/building site including maintenance, repairs and minor project work which shall require the use of hand and power tools. The supervisory duties include direct supervision of trades staff, including performance management, staff hiring, training, and in association with the facility manager will implement the progressive discipline process when necessary.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Daily walkthrough, inspection and condition reporting of all areas of the facility
- Responsible for the efficient, effective, and successful control of all equipment maintenance, building structures, and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures, and methods as it relates to a healthcare environment.
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date logs and record readings for maintenance, repair work and monthly energy data reporting
- Refer to O&M manuals and drawings pertaining to operating equipment for troubleshooting, operating and standard operating procedures.
- Review and confirm accuracy of paper work (time sheets, staff work orders, work order backlog, work order audits, pre-job hazard assessments, etc).Prepare monthly shift operator staff schedules and schedule staff to cover staff absences.
- Responsible for supervision of day to day site health and safety for maintenance and projects including hazard assessments, start up meetings and site safety inspections.
- Responsible for Daily Operations of the Technical Systems:
- o Steam generating systems;
- o Reverse osmosis plant;
- o Chilled water plant
- o Abstraction well and water rejection systems;
- o Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system and associated systems;
- o Plumbing systems;
- o Electrical systems;
- o Operating room equipment;
- o Fire and life safety systems including, but not limited to, the fire extinguishers, sprinkler system, fire alarm panels and nurse call system;
- o Mechanical systems;
- o Patient entertainment system;
- o Building automation system; and
- o All other building systems necessary for the operation of the KEMH Acute Care Wing including pneumatic tube transport, and medical gas / air systems, interior finishes and exterior envelope.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building and/or facilities maintenance
- Thoroughly familiar with Steam and chiller plant operations and maintenance as well as air handling systems (constant volume, VAV, beating/cooling coils, fans, filtration, dampers, heat exchangers)
- Working knowledge of building automation systems with ability to set up data capture trending
- Minimum 5 years of operations and maintenance experience in a supervisory role
- Good understanding of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Specific trade certificate in Building Operations, operating engineer or general mechanics (millwright)
- Maintain co-operative working relationships
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse clientele in a hospital environment
- Willingness and ability to successfully complete in a timely manner, Building System training courses as directed by Black & McDonald
- Stationary Engineer Certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in a P3 environment would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Assign and perform corrective and preventive maintenance of the technical systems Routine, Urgent, and Emergency response and repair, including emergency service, in relation to the technical systems Establish and maintain an excellent climate of working relations with the client, consistent with encouraging improved service and performance Responds to or assists with general service requests as instructed by the Facility Manager and provides timely W/O status updates to the CMMS / Helpdesk teams Responds to maintenance calls from the Helpdesk for repairs and service and completes assigned tasks in a timely manner Monitors BAS and creates BAS trend reports. Tests and calibrates field devices. Updates operational procedures to maintain system efficiency and to reflect changes in codes and regulations Ensures availability of supplies for maintenance of system equipment Prepares routine and special system operation reports for customers and management Diagnoses trouble calls and develop appropriate action to be taken Responsible for overseeing general housekeeping of the building area Holds training sessions in plant safety, equipment maintenance, and operational procedures Maintains and verifies inventory quantities and orders replacement parts on a routine basis Prepares and reviews reports and logs indicating any deficiencies Special assignments as directed by Facility Manager Supervise and coordinate the planning, installation for maintenance and project work associated with the Building Facilities. Responds to after hours emergency calls as required Review and issues permit to work and method statements for project works and maintenance related activities Coordinate and implement infection control measures for maintenance and project works Coordinates and completes corrective items for pressure vessel compliance inspections
- Ability to complete the required safety training including, but not limited to, lock out/ tag out, fall arrest, confined space, WHMIS and CPR/first aid
- Must be able to safely use hand and power tools common in the HVAC, electrical and mechanical maintenance trades
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment to ensure compliance with response and rectification requirements as per performance agreement
- Must be able to be able to clearly articulate written details on work orders and submit all documentation in a timely manner as per established deadlines.
- Self-starter that works with minimum supervision and good problem solving skills