ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Accounts Payable Assistant is located in Kansas City, MO and typically reports directly to the Department Supervisor. The Accounts Payable Assistant will calculate, prepare and process bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures within JD Edwards and additional systems.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, checks, invoices, check requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or JDE computer system
- Create and modify documents using excel
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Support department and staff in project based work.
- Assist internal departments with questions or concerns
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
Degree or Diploma in Finance
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payable may substitute for education requirements.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience in the construction industry
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Proficient reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 50 wpm.
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards would be an asset, but not a requirement
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.