Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
A Nuclear Buyer will be responsible for all activities within the procurement life cycle of an item procured for a nuclear class system or structure from Request For Proposal (RFP) to Purchase Order (PO) closeout, providing technical and administrative support to the company with emphasis on sourcing, negotiating price and purchasing material as well as assist in estimating, provide field staff support for materials. The Nuclear Buyer reports to the Procurement Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source and secure quotes for items and services from suppliers for purchase or estimating purposes.
- Negotiate purchase contracts for cost, delivery and other commercial terms and conditions as required
- Ensure procurement activities comply with CSA N286, CSA N285 or CSA N299 standards as required
- Interpret BOMs for procurement requirements
- Determine item technical and quality procurement requirements
- Ensure procurement activities are in line with project schedules
- Ensure all required quality documentation is received from the supplier
- Place orders with suppliers in such a manner as to provide the best-delivered cost for quality as established for each project, generating a contract to facilitate billing.
- Develop procurement plans
- Monitor/track all purchases from BOM acceptance to Receipt Inspection
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, items or services as required.
- Ensure all procurement related documentation is completed and approved prior to processing and documents are accurately filed once activities are complete.
- Review committed costs as needed.
- Participate in the B&M Corrective Action Program as it pertains to procurement and purchasing issues.
- Participate in the development of purchasing policies and procedures.
- Review discount structures with key vendors.
- Review and process returns, claims and other supplier issues.
- Liaison with Quality, Accounting, Project Management and Site Management as required.
- Complete procurement activities in accordance with documented procedures, while ensuring only approved suppliers and subcontractors are used for materials requiring QA input.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Reconcile/approve invoices as they apply to purchased items
- Generate, analyze, maintain and upload procurement reports as required.
- Nuclear Buyer will also be involved in the procurement of commercial purchases and subcontracts as required
- Any other assignments or projects as assigned by your Manager/Supervisor.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (or related discipline) or related experience
- SCMP designation would be an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10 years of procurement experience within the nuclear power industry or related construction/industrial projects preferably in an EPC environment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with procurement on projects of medium to high risk and complexity (between $10-100m, exceptions may apply)
- Strong understanding of CSA N286, CSA N285 and CSA N299 required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Proficient in JD Edwards software
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook