ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Electrical ICI team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Revit Detailer located in Scarborough and typically reports directly to the Division Manager. As a member of the design team, you will be engaged in key projects and initiatives to drive new revenues and improve processes. You will support the project managers in all phases of - Pre-construction Planning, Prefabrication, BIM/ CAD detailing throughout the electrical construction process.
- Responsible for the preparation of engineering contract drawings, details and sketches from conceptual design through tender to construction documents for building structures using Autodesk REVIT MEP, Autodesk Fabrication CadMEP, NavisWorks
- Working with project managers and other BIM / CAD detailers and contribute to the success of our electrical projects
- Liaison with counterparts from other trades to develop clash free BIM 3D models
- Prepare 2D/ 3D layout drawings for material installation on site
- Prepare Fabrication drawings for pre-fab
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Post-secondary education in a subject related to Revit, Autodesk Fabrication CADmep & Navisworks
- Completion of a two to three year college program in engineering and drafting technology
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in the efficient and effective set up of pre-fabrication / modular facilities
- Familiarity with electrical construction products and installation methods
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Highly organized, flexible and have the ability to work necessary hours in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be self-sufficient and take initiative and have strong attention to detail
- Be able to input data, complete and update As-builts (2D set)
- Provide support for plotting and sending of electronic files
- Perform additional duties as required building code
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.