ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant in Ottawa, Ontario. If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. This position is responsible to assist in maintaining a productive and efficient facility maintenance operation and will report directly to the Facility Manager. Training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage electronic work orders, create and maintain equipment history entries, manage inventory and maintenance tracking modules, etc.
- Assist the Facility Manager with the creation, management, and receipt of Purchase Orders
- Assist the Facility Manager with service calls and dispatching appropriate staff or subcontractors
- Manage on-site routine filing system including health & safety, training, subcontract and maintenance records
- Generate reports such as data summaries and operational reports
- Follow established procedures in support of quality assurance program
- Ensure timesheets are completed by employees and entered into the payroll system weekly
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold a Reliability clearance with Public Works, Secret II would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Office Administration or relevant experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in project administration. Subcontractor coordination and record management would be an asset
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.