BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are a dynamic individual searching for career advancement and the opportunity to lead a team in pursuit of a strategic vision, this position is for you. The Site Supervisor position is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and management for construction projects in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Site Supervisor shall foster an environment of cooperation and support to enable employees to perform to their maximum potential.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee construction site and ensure that all work is completed safely, efficiently
• Monitor productivity and provide daily work reports for Project Managers
• Manage and maintain accurate project records, including progress reports, schedules, as-builts
• Assist with project schedule updates
• Supervise sub-trades and suppliers
• Perform site safety orientations for all staff and sub-trades for the duration of the project
• Conduct site safety inspections
• Ensure that safety policies are communicated, and implemented on the project
• Develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients & sub-trades
• Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations
• Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, including clients, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
• Work in conjunction with Project Managers to identify and resolve issues from site
• Attend construction meetings with owners
• Change Orientation
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving and Innovation
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Values and Respects Others
• 10 years of experience in the construction Industry, preferably in:
• Civil / Structural
• Plumbing & Electrical
• College degree/trade qualification or equivalent field experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal
• Ability to effectively lead others and maintain a positive work environment
• Strong ability to problem solve and work efficiently within a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Contract management
• Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
• Organization and time management
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and specifications.
• Experience with project management software and tools (Procore)
• Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, and safety standards
• Familiarity with construction industry practices and standards
• General Construction Knowledge
• Valid driver license with a clean driver abstract.