ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
This position reports directly to the NB Commercial Mechanical Department Manager for New Brunswick, and will be working within the office located at 71 Loftus Street, Moncton, NB. The position involves working on a full-range of mechanical projects in the, commercial, government, and institutional markets.
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Adhere to tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders (commercially and technically)
- Maintain tendering process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare project handover with project managers and supervisors to ensure a smooth transition
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Mechanical estimating experience would be considered an asset
- Candidates should have a background in a Construction Technology Program, a qualified tradesperson or in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of mechanical piping, mechanical equipment or any related sales experience
- Motivated and able to work with deadlines
- Candidates must be capable using MS applications (Word, Excel, and Projects).
- Previous experience with estimating using ACCUBID would be considered an asset.
- Project coordination experience would also be considered an asset
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.