People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Project Manager in Vancouver, British Columbia. The successful candidate will plan and execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy, and will be responsible for the conduct and results of the associated projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate electrical utility projects from start to finish
- Plan and prepare schedules, milestones, and monitor progress.
- Direct the purchase of materials
- Hire and supervise the activities of the trades persons and subcontractors
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Other activities in assisting the division to meet its goals, including the preparation of estimates and prequalification documents, and business development.
- Key results areas include
- Execution of work, on time, and on budget
- Project overheads
- Safety lost-time ratio
- Organization/tracking of work
- WIP’s and labour productivity
- Success in securing new projects
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Education & Skill Requirements
- 5-10 years’ experience in the construction industry on electrical projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; JD Edwards software experience would be an asset
- PMP is an asset
- University degree in electrical engineering, college diploma in construction engineering technology, or college diploma in construction project management
- Planning, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Thrives under pressure
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
If this is an internal candidate, please advise your supervisor prior to applying.
For a complete listing of all available Black & McDonald career opportunities visit http://www.blackandmcdonald.com.