ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Marketing & Communications team is growing! The Administrator will play a key role within the Marketing & Communications department by providing ongoing administrative support to the team and managing/coordinating the department’s national and regional initiatives.
The position is located in Markham, ON and the successful candidate will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Director in coordinating the work of the department including project tracking, bi-weekly and quarterly reporting, updating and tracking department project lists, coordinating meetings, communications and other administrative tasks
- Organize the logistics and bookings for both national and regional trade shows and events
- Research and write content in collaboration with other team members to use across multiple communication vehicles
- Coordinate with external vendors including printers, trade show and conference organizers and website hosting providers
- Manage the National Project Profile Database (NPPD) on SharePoint (e.g., updates, proofreading and formatting) and provide support to “Super Users”
- Monitor and coordinate public inquiries, complaints and compliments received via social media channels and the website.
- Support the team with social media analytics reporting and content posting.
- Manage the corporate branded e-store for promotional items including inventory monitoring, item selection and quality control.
- Develop various presentation materials, sourcing information from multiple sources.
- Project management, content sourcing/development and writing for communication tools such as company brochures, flyers, posters, banners, social media etc.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Completed a degree or diploma in Office Administration and/or Marketing from an accredited program
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years of administrative work experience within the marketing and communications field in a corporate setting
- Experience coordinating trade shows and events is an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be detail-oriented and client focused