ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Chief of Plant will be is responsible to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate building operations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee heating and cooling plant operation which includes training and coaching team members
- Analyzes results from testing and treatment of all process water HVAC, and other specified mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Identify and convey any maintenance or operational issues related to plant equipment and related facility systems
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures that reflects corporate standard procedures
- Responsible for programming and monitoring alarm responses and facility operations.
- Ensures availability of supplies for maintenance of system equipment.
- Prepare routine and special system operation reports for customers and management
- Responsible for hiring, training and scheduling the plant staff needed to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Holds training sessions in plant safety, equipment maintenance, and operational procedures.
- Coordinate labor resources to support operations and schedules
- Review performance of reporting employees
- Delegate specific work instructions to Stationary Engineers.
- Manage subcontractors related to building operations
- Diagnoses trouble calls and develop appropriate action to be taken.
- Lead team to comply with Company and legislated Health & Safety and Environmental programs. Facilitate weekly toolbox meetings and pre-job hazard assessments.
- Communicate to the leadership team environmental issues, regulatory changes and corporate requirements
- Communicate with client and other facility occupants to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance our opportunity to secure “contract extras”.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Class 1 Stationary Engineering Trade Certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years experience managing a registered plant; working with computerized control systems, high pressure boilers, pumps, valves, chillers and cooling towers
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Able to speak, read & write in English and French
- Able to hold and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customer
- Must be a team leader, committed to working in a quality environment
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.