ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our Mechanical Construction team in Ottawa.
If you are eager to learn and gain experience within the construction industry then this opportunity is for you! We will train the successful candidate by providing a mentor and a comprehensive training and development plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Assists in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Trade and subcontractor coordination
- Document control
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Proficiency in MS application and BlueBeam or Adobe
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong ability to problem solve and work efficiently within a fast paced and dynamic work environment.