ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Coordinator is located in Kansas City, MO and typically reports directly to the Department Supervisor. Their primary focus is to assist with overall project performance, including the management of costs, schedule, qualities, and overall project status, while maintaining excellent relationships with trades, subcontractors, and clients. They will keep the Project Manager informed of questions, progress, discrepancies in project process, and any other issues which would impact the plan and schedule.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Assist in preparing invoicing, work orders, contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Assists in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Initiate the input of timesheets into JDE
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and coordinate with Project Managers
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Trade and subcontractor coordination
- Document control
- Purchase supplies and materials as required to complete project
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Degree or Diploma in Project Management or similar degree
- 1-3 years of experience of project coordination may substitute for education requirements.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years of Project Coordination experience in the construction industry
- Financial, invoicing, work order experience
- Understanding the importance of Customer Service
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Competency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Knowledge of JDE would be an asset but not a requirement
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.