ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Western Utilities team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Traffic Signal Technician is located in Edmonton and typically reports directly to the Project Manager. Their primary focus is the maintenance and installation tasks all traffic signal equipment. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides lead direction in setting up, installing and initiating the operations and servicing of equipment at a field site
- Identifies and analyses traffic control and network devices utilizing various maintenance and repair manuals, test equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, electronic devices and electrical equipment
- Provides supervision with traffic signal poles, signal lights and other devices
- Familiar with Econolite and Tacel controller systems
- Provides signal turn on set up, installing and initiating the operations and servicing of equipment at a field site
- Set up and configure video detection equipment and network connectivity
- Setup MMU with design requirements and bench test
- Maintains records of all maintenance activities in accordance with contractual requirements
- Assist in other related duties as required, including scheduling, logistics, quality performance monitoring, etc.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five or more years’ experience in traffic signal field experience, including experience working with or programming traffic controllers
- IMSA Certification Level 1 and 2.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of reading wiring diagrams and schematics and operate electronic tools and test equipment.
- Ability to enter aerial bucket and operate at heights ranging from 3-15 meters in compliance with equipment safety standards.
- Experience working from vehicle mounted aerial device is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to comply with the company standard practice as it applies to field assignments.
- Willing and able to travel to sites
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Fall Protection Ticket
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.