ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Utilities team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Based in Winnipeg, the Equipment/Hydrovac Operator is responsible for performing activities relating to operation of heavy equipment and hydrovac machinery on utility (electrical and civil) construction sites. They will liaise with tradespersons, coordinators, managers, and site superintendent personnel in order to accomplish project milestones in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely operate hydrovac equipment in the installation of Underground Utilities
- Operate equipment in residential areas
- Responsible for the safe operation and basic maintenance of hydrovac equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, stakes, and signage
- Perform and log pre-operation safety inspections
- Prepare and coordinate safety tool box talks and complete pre-job hazard assessments
- Fuel and Grease Equipment to maintain safe and optimal operation
- General Labour duties and other activities at construction site as required
- Out of town travel will occasionally be required
- Communicates Effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (take personal responsibility to meet commitments)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (work cooperatively and collaboratively with others)
- Values and Respects Others (encourages and supports diversity)
- High School diploma
- Class 3 License with Airbrakes, Class 1 is preferred (DL and CSTS).
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2-5 years’ experience working in the construction industry in an equipment operator role
- Able to operate hydrovac equipment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients mandates, the successful candidate will be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
- Class 3 with Air Brakes
- Must have the following tickets: CSTS, and Air Breaks
- Ground Disturbance is considered a plus
- Possess a valid, Manitoba Drivers License and a clean driving abstract
Construction Safety Certifications including the following are considered assets.
- Ground Disturbance Certification
- Confined Space Awareness/Rescue
- Fall Arrest
- First Aid
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.