ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Rail Signals team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Project Coordinator is located offsite and typically reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Project Coordinator plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate assigned project(s) from start to finish and in accordance with schedule, specifications and budget. Their primary focus is safety, planning, monitoring progress, scheduling, quality, costs management, estimating, reporting, and managing project change under the direction of senior leadership.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Assist in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Prepare progress and productivity reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Trade and subcontractor coordination
- Document control
- Purchase supplies and materials as required to complete project
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma or
- Education in Railway Signals
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years of Project Coordination experience in the electrical and/or rail construction sector
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Contract management
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Blue print reading
- Project structural design interpretation
- Financial statements – read and comprehend
- Organization and time management
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system is an asset.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of
the recruitment and selection process.