ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Training & Onboarding Coordinator provides Power Generation Region with efficient coordination and administration of training through; adherence to policies, quality assurance and regulatory requirements. This role is integral in satisfying training qualifications, records and relationship management that supports a growing, incident free organization. The Training & Onboarding Coordinator reports to the HSE Manager.
The Training & Onboarding Coordinator is responsible for:
- Supports the Site Trades Superintendent by ensuring all requirements for Building Trade Union (BTU) and trades persons are met to support the scheduled completion of the work
- Ensures trades and task specific training and qualifications are met and completed, documented and entered the data base to meet legislated, contractor and client specific requirements
- Ensures all client station security and administrative requirements are met, including; initial training requirements set in place by Black & McDonald and client, training qualifications and records, employee number activation, and coordinates training schedules for new hires and rehires (re-qualification training)
- Coordinates the Training and Labour Control section of the Health, Safety and Environment Department
- Confirms all Black & McDonald staff have completed the supervisory requirements before being released to site
- Communicates any training conflicts with the client training centre such as; completing forms, linking or missing credit entries, and more
- Manage contractor training records, monitoring employee qualifications for classroom, field and computer based courses and linking/entry of credits in the training system
- Provides site with training requirements 60 days in advance and liaises with site management (General Foreman/Superintendents) on-specific training needs and requirements.
- Monitor employee Radiation activity (provided by the Radiation Protection Department) and inform employees’ Superintendent with regard to Radiation activity (Bioassay, Whole Body Counts, radiation uptakes)
- Collaborates with HSE manger and external agencies to maximize efficiency, accuracy and best in class service to stakeholders, internal and external clients
- Assists facilitators as needed with class room logistics, set up, tear down and arranging company assets
- Participates as a team member on projects relating to training including; provision of data, set up/administration/records management of in-house training and updates as requested by the Manger, Training
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of Post-Secondary degree/diploma/certification in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent
- 2-3 years previous working experience in a similar role such as training, human resources and/or administration is preferred
- Experience corresponding with local trade unions would be considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Computer Literacy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role.