ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering modification projects of varying size and complexity. The Project Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling project activities from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget, and dealing with project changes under the direction of a Project Manager (PM) & Project Director.
- Assist the PM in the drafting and issuance of project budget, cash flow and preliminary schedule.
- Prepare project organization and communication charts.
- Chair project meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close- out documents are obtained
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role or junior Project Manager role
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate user of MS Excel
- Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- A Client Security Clearance will be required