ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Northern Ontario team is growing! If you are a hands-on, technical professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Lead Hand Cleaner is located in Richmond, ON and typically reports to the Supervisor. As the position is located on a Military Base, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clean, sweep, mop, and wash floors, stairs, equipment and other surfaces.
- Operate floor scrubber / Zamboni, hand trimmer, steam cleaners, power sweepers, polishing machines, power lawn mowers, powered snow blowers / throwers, upholstery cleaning equipment and light equipment such as bobcat, tractor, 4x4 with lift gate
- Strop and wax floors, shampoo, vacuum and deep clean carpets/rugs
- Disinfect high touch points
- Replenish dispensers including: paper towel, soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, air freshener, etc.
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers, replace liners
- Wash interior and exterior windows, interior walls and ceilings (work from ladder)
- Change overhead light bulbs and clean light fixtures (work from ladder)
- Monitor and report any damage, vandalism, building repairs.
- Adhere to safe work practices
- Perform snow and ice removal from doorways, building entrances, access stairs, walkways, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Water, mulch, weed and maintain flower and shrub beds
- Collect garbage bags from designated drop locations and dispose in collection bins
- Range cleaning and lead removal. Manage hazardous waste inventory and prepare for disposal
- Pick garbage in parking lots and grass areas. Replenish salt bins on site
- Report any building repair or maintenance requirements to Operations
- Perform safety and security checks
- Ensure SDSs are current and available in all on-site cleaning closets
- Coordinate cleaning activities and support light and heavy duty cleaners as required
- Complete pre-job hazard assessments, cleaning checklists, refusal logs, range maintenance logs and other paperwork as required
- Inspect cleaning equipment and coordinate service as required
- Ensure SOPs are followed and cleaning standards are upheld
- Monitor, disperse and replenish cleaning supplies as required; initiate restocking of central inventory
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of custodial experience required
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold Secret Security Clearance
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to walk indoor and outdoor for long distance.
- Must be able to Bending, crouching, kneeling, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and rotating
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to deal with building occupants, colleagues and trades
- Able to perform repetitive motion tasks
- Must be able to lift and push heavy objects, including large garbage bins, lead waste barrels, office furniture and appliances
- Comfortable with Working overhead and Working from heights including ladder, rooftops or elevated work platform
- Should hold a valid G Driver’s License and able to retain a clean vehicle record check.
- Comfortable wearing Steel toe work boots during their shift
- Comfortable doing Medical grade cleaning, working with bloodborne pathogens and lead
- Comfortable with Safety harness, Half mask respirator, hazmat disposable coveralls
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.