ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Project Controls Manager position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The Project Controls Manager will be responsible for setting up and managing complete Project Control functions, including such things as work breakdown structure, schedules, estimates, resources, cost budgets and defined deliverables and cost control within the region. The Project Controls Manager will also monitor and report on progress, variances, budgets, earned value, critical paths and early identification of risks and remedial actions where potential variances are indicated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performance and coordination of all Project modifications and work order estimating activities.
- Responsible for performance and coordination of Project labour and material estimating activities.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of Project labour Performance Reports.
- Responsible for preparation, distribution and tracking of scope change documentation.
- Responsible for tracking construction, staff, scope change and other identified costs, and for preparation and distribution of reports to management and staff, which track these costs.
- Responsible for assignment of cost codes to material and construction activities.
- Responsible for initial review of Request For Quotes (RFQ), generate summary sheets highlighting specific items in RFQ i.e. due date, lump sum, time & material, brief description and distribute for review and approval for bid.
- Workable knowledge of JDE, to generate reports as required for Division Manager and Site Managers.
- Responsible to provide and update schedules and planning documents for Project and Client staff as necessary to support ongoing work activities.
- Read and understands complex purchasing documents, specifications, and drawings.
- Ensure operability and integrity of the computer information systems, data records and retention requirements.
- Assists in developing divisional staff knowledge and understanding of Project Controls.
- Produce projections of consolidated resource requirements, based on project resource schedules and firm and emerging customer requirements.
- Maintain high attention to detail and the ability to: plan, organize, budget, monitor progress and work to deadlines.
Business Operations & Conduct
- Adheres to the Company’s Code of Business Values.
- Responsible for good working practices including procedural adherence, professionalism, enforcing disciplinary action per the contract policies and enforcing communications through the chain of command.
- Work independently and in team situations effectively in a multi-tasking environment with changing priorities.
- Provide visible leadership and promote both Nuclear Safety and conventional safety in all aspects of daily activities.
- Complies with, participates in and promotes our company safety program.
- Maintains a harassment free work environment, “zero tolerance” for demeaning comments and actions based on an employee’s sex, race, ethnic origin etc.
- Fosters a climate where enthusiasm and morale results in achievement of objectives and an atmosphere where outsiders wish to work.
- Develops employees relative to skills and company growth goals, and actively participates in periodic and annual employee reviews and appraisals.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Completion of a college or university program in related field is an asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience cost control, project administration and or related experience
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory of management experience of a team
- A Nuclear Security Clearance must be achieved for employment on site
- JD Edwards software experience is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Shall be a competent person as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Effective Communication, Presentation and Written skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook and Excel
A Client Security Clearance will be required