Black & McDonald’s engineering team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
This entry level position will assist Designers and Engineering Technicians with make ready design and staking sheets for electrical utilities and communication companies. The position also has the ability to be promoted to an Engineering Technician in the future.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to learn:
- Electrical distribution basics
- Fiber to the home
- Creation of staking sheets
- Make ready design
- Communicate effectively with Engineers, Designers, Engineering Technicians, and Field Technicians
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Deliver a quality work product in a timely fashion
- Basic understanding of NESC standards
- Additional duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
High School Degree or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to provide technician solutions
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with others and to handle multiple tasks
- Requires strong time management of work activities
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.