Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Assistant will be responsible for completing daily review and adjustments of timesheets submitted by site supervision for the hourly payroll process. The Payroll Assistant opportunity is a 1 year contract.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and edit daily timesheets for accuracy
- Complete necessary corrections and adjustments of timesheets in a timely manner; adjustments to the tracker if needed
- Responsible for accurate input and maintenance of a daily tracker of employee hours
- Work with Cost Control to resolve timesheet issues
- Send via email daily timesheets and completed tracker to Payroll
- Send terminations and rate changes to Payroll for processing
- Verify timesheet and tracker with Attendance record
- Adhere to record retention policies and standards and comply with filing system
- Maintain records and documentation
- Distribute, retrieve and archive documents
- Communicate relevant information to internal and external stakeholders when required
- Understand and comply with project records retention policies and standards
- Project level attendance (site accounting) and project payroll
- Meeting Minutes
- Other Project Level Administrative requests as required
- Other related tasks as required, such as but not limited to, photocopying, scanning, preparing documents in excel or word, filing, etc. and record keeping
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Completion of secondary school is an asset.
- Completion of a college program or relevant technical training or experience an asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 3 years finance, payroll and administration experience or equivalent
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working on projects of low complexity
- Understand project management processes and document control procedures
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook