Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Facilities Management Operations team is growing! If you are a responsible and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Casual Security Guard is located in Toronto, ON and typically reports directly to the Security Manager. There is a possibility of the position converting into a full-time role.
The Casual Security Guard will provide a friendly and safe environment for all patients, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
The Casual Security Guard will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring safety and security of the facility and all those who enter the facility
- Provide a friendly and safe environment for all staff, volunteers, patients, and visitors
- Respond as required to all security, safety, and/or emergency situations
- Operate the Security Office’s CCTV, access control, and panic device systems in the absence of the Security Manager
- Respond to all access requests in accordance with established protocols
- Conduct facility patrols and take necessary action based on observation including checking in with employees who work alone after hours
- Perform "Patient Watches"
- Monitor parking areas
- Investigate security and safety related events as required
- Complete forms, logs, notebooks, work orders, and incident reports as required
- Act as a member of the internal fire response team and crisis team
- Adhere to all corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and directives
- Identify areas requiring updates and/or possible areas of improvement relating to policies, procedures, and directives
- Completion of other tasks as directed by the manager
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Values and Respects Others
- Two-year community college Law & Security or Police Foundations diploma is preferred
- Valid Ontario Private Security & Investigative Services, Security Guard License is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 6 months of security experience
- 3+ years of related experience in a health care environment is considered a strong asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work 11.25-hour shifts on a casual, as-needed basis (note that the position may convert into a full-time role pending availability)
- Must have open availability and able to work on weekdays and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both through direction and negotiation
- Excellent judgment and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in emergency situations
- Conflict Resolution skills
- First Aid and CPR level "C"
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.