ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the BIM Manager, this individual will be a critical component to the execution of design, construction, and technical drawings throughout each phase of a project. This individual will provide modeling efforts for both project delivery and standards. Work includes working with team members in developing Revit Families either for the revised standards or for a specific project’s Utilize Revit and AutoCAD to develop Revit models and prepare drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, and other data. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist and support projects and pursuits in the production of models along the analysis, creation, and management of building information Models (BIM) and 2D drawings.
- Prepare As built and Trimble point drawing.
- Update BIM models and drawings based on As-built layout
- Create and modify parametric families.
- Prepare detail drawings and sheets for Pre-fabrication.
- Prepare Autodesk Revit drawings from sketches, mark-ups, and design of electrical system
- Examine drawings to minimize errors and make required alterations as necessary
- Check layouts of electrical and mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, millwork, etc.0
- Liaise with the project team as required to implement necessary drafting requirements
- Maintain familiarity with current modelling and drafting techniques and contribute to setting up and maintaining departmental BIM and CAD standards.
- Develop various electrical system layouts in co-ordination with the mechanical, structural, and architectural components of a building.
- Setup of Revit views for use by the REI Project team including electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model.
- Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing processes
- Input of marked-up drawings into Revit.
- Creation of minor mark-ups and input of same.
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades.
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Education consisting of Archi design-related education (diploma), computer drafting in AutoCAD and REVIT (diploma), Electrical or Mechanical technician or technologist (diploma), or related experience in Revit.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years’ experience working with Revit and AutoCAD
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Superior time-management skills to effectively take on multiple projects
- Fluency in the current version of Revit software employed by the Department;
- Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy;
- Fluency in Autodesk Navis Works, Autodesk Design Review and working knowledge of 3D layout and design;
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Documents and archives work pursuant with the REI standard;
- Acknowledgement of any/all REI confidentially and/or Non-Disclosure requirements pursuant to this position;
- The protection of Proprietary or Intellectual company property
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Must have solid working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use by REI, including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with others;
- Ability to take verbal and general written direction well and turn that direction into appropriate, working design documents;
- Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via hard copy;
- Fluency with all plotters, printers and reproduction systems used in house or on the job site.
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and report into a team
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.