ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Marketing & Communications team is growing! The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing and managing Black & McDonald’s online presence across all internal and external digital communications channels.
The position is located in Markham, ON and the successful candidate will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and update the corporate website using a Content Management System (CMS) and design & build other CMS-powered websites and thought leadership blogs. Work with content owners/divisions/business lines to ensure their communication & content needs are met.
- Manage content, campaigns & report on analytics for all digital properties & social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Manage the corporate intranet, coordinate content development & publishing with content owners across the organization.
- Develop and deploy e-newsletters.
- Manage and develop internal communities on Yammer.
- Build, execute and report on high-impact digital marketing and communications plans and tactics to drive engagement with our target audiences and traffic to our digital properties, as well as build and grow our social media communities.
- Develop SEO/SEM strategies to increase our organic rankings and online visibility.
- Deploy campaigns using advertising platforms such as Google AdWords and other PPC platforms.
- Report on key metrics using reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- Support business goals of building our brand profile including showcasing and differentiating our products, services, projects and capabilities across all service lines to be the “Partner of Choice” and leveraging the Employer Value Proposition to drive preference for Black & McDonald as the “Employer of Choice”
- Work with all corporate and operational areas to identify content needs, curate and develop content and publish across all channels to meet business goals in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent.
- Specialized training in Digital marketing & communications
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in web development, digital marketing, and building online social media based communities
- Comprehensive experience with deploying successful campaigns and building communities on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Experience with SEO tools and a technical understanding of SEO
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate to advanced skills & experience developing and managing websites powered by a content management system (CMS) such as WordPress and PHP
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytical tools
- Proficiency with Facebook Business Manager and Power Editor including the ability to place campaigns, manage delivery and budgets and analyze results
- Knowledge of email marketing systems and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with video production & design software including Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Marketing Automation software such as Marketo
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Superior problem-solving skills