Black & McDonald’s Salt Lake’s team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. We are seeking two mechanics, one entry level experience and one with years of experience.
The Heavy Truck Mechanic is located in Salt Lake, and typically reports directly to the Department Manager. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keep equipment operational by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance including, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters, etc.
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operational by troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
- Manages costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Maintains supplies and stock inventory; placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Maintains job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and experience related to tractor and trailer related components including engine, transmission, brakes, suspensions and running gear.
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization and with outside clients.
- Must be able to keep self on track while working alone
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.