Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Journeyman Combustion Technician - Service based out our Markham office to support our truck based service to various clients in the GTA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain and various combustion, hotwater, and steam boiler systems and components.
- Replace and upgrade existing systems and components related to the combustion/heating trade.
- Respond to emergency service calls within our client base during regular business hours. On-call rotation for after hour emergencies
- Identify equipment deficiencies and TSSA code infractions and make recommendations to clients
- Complete detailed work orders, deficiency reports, field quotations, and time submission daily
- Perform scheduled maintenance as assigned
- Maintain a professional demeanour at all times
Education & Experience
- 5 years of experience in a Combustion/Heating position in service, maintenance, replacement and installation for commercial & industrial sites
- Post secondary education in Gas Technician or equivalent training
- Ability to read, work & troubleshoot from mechanical/electrical schematics, etc.
- Valid G1 gas licence
- Valid OBT-2 or OBT-1 preferred
- Valid ‘G’ Driver’s License
- Strong mechanical/electrical ability and problem solving skills
- Client facing/Customer service experience
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.