ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Accounting and Finance team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist located in Markham, Ontario to ensure timely and accurate posting and payment of accounts payables and general clerical duties such as posting of material transfers, filing, etc. You will have the confidence to own these responsibilities and ensure that the full A/P cycle is completed each month. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accurate data entry and posting of high volume invoices (i.e. PO, subcontract and non-PO)
- Ensuring invoices match purchase orders (2 and 3 way match)
- Ensure discounts are taken
- Obtaining approval of invoices prior to payment (i.e. employee expenses)
- Process weekly disbursements (i.e. cheques / EFT / online payments)
- Complete detailed cost coding of vendor invoices in excel format
- Responding to internal & external inquiries within 48 hours
- Accounts payable days at 45 days or more
- Monthly general ledger and subledger reconciliation
- Manage all vendor accounts; reconcile vendor statements
- Review, input and process bill payments on a timely basis
- Responsible for maintaining a schedule of accounts payable to ensure that bill payments are prioritized for cashflow management
- Reviews and processes accounts payable transactions accurately and timely, ensuring proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Communicates with vendors and internal customers, when necessary, to correct and modify invoices/payments
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned
- Assist with year-end accruals and audits
- Communicates Effectively
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
Degree or Diploma in an accounting related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable profession
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Advanced user of:
- MS Excel
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system is considered an asset
- Proven ability to handle high volume (100 invoices/day), meet deadlines, and prioritize workload
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.