Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The General Superintendent is located at our clients work site (Bruce Power) located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Construction Manager.
The General Superintendent manages, supervise, and provide direction on trades construction activities to General Foreman, Foreman and workers in the trade under the direction of the Construction Manager. Also provides direction to support staff as needed.
- Manages the safety and quality of the daily activities
- Takes direction from the Construction Manager, or delegate depending on assigned accountability.
- Supervises the day to day activities for all the General Foreman, Foreman, and workers in the trade supporting the Projects and Minor Modifications. May include supervision of other support staff such as Holders of Record and Work Coordinators.
- Establish methods to manage scheduled work and provide daily work status reporting or more frequently as required to stakeholders.
- Looks ahead and oversees the planning, scheduling, and estimating of future work ensuring required resources, tools, and materials are organized and ready when required.
- Maintains a Harassment free work place.
- Ensures staffs are trained and qualified.
- Recommend resource staffing strategies such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed and enforced
- Provide input to the development of the budgets, schedule and risk, scope and project execution methodology plans
- Ensure all site activities are in compliance with Health and Safety program, QA/QC program and PGR managed system
- Complete on-going project documentation and contribute to regular project reporting
- Over site for sub-contractors as required
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification in a relevant trade (Iron Worker or Millwright) is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 6 - 10 years of experience supervising construction trades in a nuclear environment
- Nuclear security clearance