ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for supporting the region through planning, organizing, controlling and maintaining the level of outstanding accounts receivables for various divisions.
Reporting to the Regional Controller, the Accounts Receivable Coordinator will support all divisions with invoicing and collection activities. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, a high degree of accuracy and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure all relevant information has been accurately captured and ensure timely and accurate billings to the customer.
- Work closely with customers to ensure that billing disputes and inquiries are handled in a timely manner.
- Enter monthly progress billings; create contract billing lines and maintain records
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as invoices, bonds, insurance, WSIB, Statutory Declarations, etc.
- Perform account reconciliations with customers where required
- Generate holdback invoices to customers
- Perform related clerical duties, such as scanning, filing, faxing and photocopying.
- Prepare Bid Bonds including all documents required to accompany the bid bonds
- Liaise with bonding company for non-standard bid bonds and insurance requirements
- Preparation of monthly reports (WIP reports, Aging reports, Outstanding A/R over 75 and 90 days etc.)
- Assist with the annual audit including, issuing of confirmations, preparation of working papers , answering audit queries and cash receipts
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Diploma or degree in Business or Finance/Accounting is considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-5 years of prior accounting experience
- Experience in the construction industry is considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor at all times with excellent communication skills
- Highly developed organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Outlook)